Friday , November 15 2019
Home / argentina / World Day Against Colon Cancer | Diario de Cuyo

World Day Against Colon Cancer | Diario de Cuyo



[ad_1]

The good news says Dr. Funes, with & # 39 is that more than 95% of tumors are curable if diagnosed early, the thing that greatly help companies screening for early detection of this cancer.

Colon cancer and rectal cancer or colorectal cancer (CRC) is a malignant tumor that develops in the last part of the digestive tract (colon), consisting of the colon and rectum, and 39 & # results from a complex interaction of hereditary and environmental factors environment, says Dr. Funes, a specialist in Coloproctology.

In more than 80/90% RCC cases occurs first polyp (abnormal growth of cells of the inner wall of the colon), called an adenoma which may grow slowly for more than 10 years and, if not detected and removed at an early stage can become a colorectal cancer. If the cancer has already developed, initially, the tumor is located in the intestinal wall (early phase) and, if not detected and early treatment may spread to the lymph nodes or adjacent organs or distant (liver, lungs) whereby called metastasis, forming in the later stages of the disease.

90% of colorectal cancers occur in people older than 50 years and has a slightly higher rate in men than in women. About 75% of colorectal cancer cases are called sporadic, meaning that develops in people who have no personal history or seven & # 39; ads showed disease and, therefore, dietary and environmental factors involved in their affairs. The rest of colorectal cancer (about 25%) occur in people with additional risk due to the following situations: personal history of one or more adenomas, colorectal cancer or inflammatory bowel disease, and family history of CRC or individual or multiple adenomas. Colorectal cancer (CRC) with 39 & # is the second most common cancer in our country, which is 11.8% of the total number of cases in both sexes, breast cancer (16.8%) and prostate cancer before (9.7 %). Currently, 18 people a day die from the disease. It's inevitable awareness of all the doctors and especially colonoscopy checks. Thus, the expert answers to the basic questions we all need to keep in mind:

What is colon cancer?

Cancer of the colon with a & # 39 is the development of malignant cells in the colon. This usually happens because of polyps.

How it is diagnosed?

Today, due to colorectal screening programs that detect hidden blood in the stool, you can detect possible cancer ten years before becoming a tumor. This not only increases the chances of a cure up to 90%, but allows the treatment is very simple.

Which population groups are directed such tests?

And men and women aged 45 to 70 years, taking into account risk factors such as obesity, smoking, personal or family history of cancer.

Who should have a colonoscopy?

It is usually recommended for adults 45 years or more, as part of colorectal cancer screening. Patients with a family history of colon or rectal cancer colonoscopy can be performed between 35 – 40 years. The doctor may also recommend a colonoscopy, if there is a change in bowel habits or bleeding that indicates a possible problem in the colon or rectum.

Do colonoscopy hurt?

This procedure is performed under general anesthesia prior colonic preparation (cleaning), becoming the outpatient study.

What are the risk factors?

* Men and women older than 50 years who have no family history.
* Men and women with a family history of colon cancer or other cancers, such as uterine cancer of the stomach, pancreas, kidney, or.
* Personal history of colorectal polyps.

What are the symptoms?

Many patients have no symptoms until late stage. But you have to visit a professional should:
– Pain in the abdomen.
– Change in evacuatorio pace.
– gastro-intestinal bleeding and anemia.
– Loss of weight or appetite.

Or & # 39 is a way of life affects your chances of getting cancer?

Unlike other tumors, such as lung cancer, colon cancer has no such direct connection with consumption toxic. Nevertheless, it is true that it is important to prevent lead a healthy lifestyle, moderate exercise, eating a diet low in fat and high in fiber and vegetables, and avoid snuff and excessive alcohol consumption. With respect to genetic factors, it is unlikely to have a frequency of from 1 to 3%.

source:
Dr. Carlos Javier Funes – Surgeon. – Eng coloproctology – MP. 4074
City Clinic Hospital and Marcial Quiroga

[ad_2]
Source link