Saturday , December 5 2020

Alfonso Ribeiro sued Fortnite creators to steal his Carlton Dance



alfonso Ribeiro

Fortnite sue creators

To Stealing Carlton Dance

12/17/2018 11:35 am PST

eXCLUSIVE

alfonso Ribeiro with & # 39 is the latest celebrity who has a beef with pop culture influenced Fortnite dance – and now he is suing the creators of the game for the theft of his own.

Former «Fresh Prince» star just filed a lawsuit against Epic Games – developed the Var & # 39; Yat popular multiplayer games – claiming that the company has completely disrupted the famous dance of his character, Carlton bank, made a show of the series.

The documentation obtained TMZ, Alfonso says Fortnite released a new dance, the characters can perform under the name «Fresh Emotions", which was released on January 2, 2018 … and a blueprint of what he says, that he came with 90s sitcom.

He also claims that he was in the middle of the dance copywriting Carlton.

lawsuit almost identical one filed 2 Milly earlier this month for stealing his «Milly Rock"Dance.

Lawyer Alfonso, David Hecht LLC Pierce Bainbridge Beck Rates & Hecht, tells us: "It is widely recognized that the similarity Mr. Ribeiro and intellectual property, which had been misappropriated at Epic Games in the most popular video games in the world today, Fortnite.»

He continues, "The epic earned record profits from downloadable content in the game, including how to" Fresh "emotions. But Epic failed to compensate or even ask permission from the g-Ribeiro for using his likeness and intellectual property iconic. "

We turned to Epic Games for comment … so far, no word back.

Originally published – 12/17/2018 11:19 am PST


Source link