He won the sprint of the German warning Degenkolb.
– I found a good wheel to follow, and in the sprint I was the strongest, he says in an interview with Norwegian People & # 39; nd organizer, which was shown on Eurosport.
– This is one of the biggest victories of the mine, said to Kristoff.
It was a fast race. Large field of, inter alia, Kristoff sprints and team Fernando Gaviria from the UAE team was involved right front. There were also several great classic specialists like Philippe Gilbert and Greg Van Avermaet.
Gaviria had rear wheel Kristoff, but still had the strength to follow so that the Norwegian will enjoy a long-awaited victory.
– sprints, I feel good when the other tired, he says.
– Usually I'm spurtopptrekker to Gaviria, but he told me that the last few kilometers, that he did not feel well, so I could go on to win.
– the form is actually happening
Thor Hushovd won the Belgian race in 2006, while Edvald Boasson Hagen won the 2009 Peter Sagan won the race three times, most recently last year.
– It was a big win for me. Fun, and see what's going on with me this spring shape is really going on, says Kristoff.