Friday , November 15 2019
Home / venezuela / They saw that something strange nails and are now fighting for his life

They saw that something strange nails and are now fighting for his life



[ad_1]

March & # 39; she Vallejo today & # 39 is to fight the disease and over time. If within a month and a half you can not collect 9 million pesos ($ 465.116), it is likely that your lungs can not withstand more and lose a life.

23-year-old has cystic fibrosis, a disease that, among other things, causes the release of the lungs becomes thick and sticky, and thus, the airways become clogged and not having the necessary treatment, lung damage is no longer working.

March & # 39; she said she had a normal life until the age of 16 pneumonia took her to the hospital, "there they realize that something is wrong with my lungs, I'm doing research and I understand that I have cystic fibrosis," said Efe.

This condition explains Jose Luis Lezana pediatric pulmonologist, "this is a genetic disease, not to digest, do not apply."

This defect on chromosome 7, wherein the gene is not capable of producing the protein CFTR, which regulates the entrance and outlet of water and release of tissue cells such as the respiratory, gastrointestinal, pancreatic, reproductive system, and skin.

"In fibrosis, the protein does not function, and change the water exchange and salts cause symptoms," says medical director of the Mexican Association of cystic fibrosis (AMFQ).

This disease is present, both parents must be carriers of the defective gene, but they have only a 25% chance of having a child with the disease, 50% chance of having a baby carrier without the disease develops, and 25% have a perfectly healthy baby.

This condition is rare, and in Mexico the frequency at each 8,500 live births.

"This means that every year 350 children are born with the disease, but only 15% are diagnosed," says the expert.

One of the key delaying damage and complications of the disease with & # 39 is an early diagnosis, which experts say, should be done in the first six months of life.

This, in addition to timely treatment and care of the child is a life expectancy of 45 years in industrialized countries.

"But in Mexico and Latin America, 18 years old, because the diagnosis is delayed, there is no specialized centers or access to treatment," said Lezana.

March & # 39; she was diagnosed late, when the damage to the lung was very advanced.

Today, a young journalist should keep strict treatment, including your normal spray, medication, treatment, vest, which should be used to help remove phlegm and use oxygen 24 hours.

However, in an ideal transplant because their lungs are not working.

"I need to 9 million, but the money I have, the same company" Breathe with Mariana "with which sell bracelets, shirts, everything possible to raise this amount," he says.

Donations, according to him, are not taxable, and expects to reach its goal in the next 45 days.

"I have a lot of dreams, wants to live," she admits.

Since his diagnosis, Mar & # 39; it was AMFQ support an institution that emerged in 1982 as a result of some of the parents who had a child with the disease.

Guadalupe Campoy, director of the organization, explains that money is one of the main problems that patients with this disease entity.

"It's very expensive, progressive and fatal disease. The disease costs about 80,000 pesos (about $ 4130) per month for a child who is not from the & # 39 is a very serious & # 39; oznym. For others it may be much more, "says the expert.

Although Mexico has made progress in improving diagnosis via neonatal screening and the establishment of specialized clinics in the disease, the main problem lies in the fact that there is adequate access to treatment.

"We have about 30 years ago, compared with developed countries," said Campoy.

Despite the fact that the disease is spreading in the Seguro Popular -a government agency that protects those who have no other social protection, which is only the children who are diagnosed between 0 and 5 years.

On average, says Lezana, the country is diagnosed in children 2.6 years, but most of them are diagnosed beyond the first five years of life.

Currently, AMFQ working to attract a treatment protocol that has the United States, which is based on a multidisciplinary disease management.

At the same time, Mar & # 39; it remains confident that its business will not only put on diseases of the eye, but to save their own lives.

"I am in all the social networks as" Breathe from Mar & # 39; Jana ", any support will be essential to achieve and my transplant to save his life," he concludes.

[ad_2]
Source link