March 30, 2019 8:24 pm
Updated March 30, 2019 8:34 pm
Saturday acting Venezuelan President Juan Guaidó said it relied on Article 187 of the Constitution.
This point of the Magna Carta establishes what powers of the National Assembly, including the proposed amendments and amendments to the Constitution and the monitoring control of the government and public administration.
It also includes the ability to allow the Venezuelan military missions abroad and foreign in Venezuela and vote to censure the Executive Vice-President and Minister.
Whereas Article 187 of the Constitution:
Article 187. Corresponds to the National Assembly:
1. legislate on matters of national competence and functioning of the various branches of the national government.
2. Propose amendments and reforms to the Constitution, in accordance with the conditions laid down therein.
3. In order to control the functions of the government and public administration of the State, in the terms established by this Constitution and the law. Evidence obtained during the performance of this duty has probative value under the law.
4. Organize and promote citizen participation in matters within its competence.
5. Issue of amnesty.
6. Discuss and approve the state budget and any bill relating to taxation and public credit.
7. In order to allow the additional appropriations in the budget.
8. To approve the outline plan for economic and social development of the country, which will be presented to the national executive, in the third quarter of the first year of each constitutional term.
9. In order to solve the National Executive to enter into national contracts, in cases established by law. Authorize contracts public interest municipal, state or national with foreign States or official bodies or companies not registered in Venezuela.
10. Give voice to condemn the Executive Vice President and Executive Vice-President and Minister. censure motion may be discussed only two days after it presented to the Assembly, which may decide by three-fifths of deputies votes reprimands vote involves the removal of Executive Vice President and Executive Vice-President or the Minister or the Minister.
11. To authorize the use of Venezuelan military missions abroad or foreign country.
12. In order to solve the National Executive to alienate property in the private sphere of the nation, with the exceptions established by law.
13. Authorize public officials or public servants to accept positions, honors or rewards from foreign governments.
14. Authorize the appointment of the Attorney-General and the heads or heads of diplomatic missions Permanentes.15. To make the honors of the National Pantheon of prominent Venezuelans that outstanding service to the Republic, after twenty-five years after his death. This decision can be made on the recommendation of the President of the Republic, two thirds of the executives or rectors of national universities.
16. In order to protect the interests and independence of States.
17. To instruct the President of the country, where the absence continues for more than five consecutive days.
18. To approve the treaties rights or international agreements concluded by the National Executive, except as provided in this Constitution.
19. adopt its rules and to apply the penalties set out in it.
20. The qualification of its members and their resignation. Time division deputy can only be made two-thirds of the deputies and the deputies present.
21. Organize their internal security service.
22. In order to transfer and implement its budget, taking into account the financial constraints of the country.
23. To implement decisions relating to its functioning and administrative organization.
24. All other names mentioned in this Constitution and the law.